If you aren’t a member of Gleneagles Country Club in Plano, this might be the time to become one.
Gleneagles Country Club, a private club established in Plano in 1985 and a member of the ClubCorp family of clubs, has completed its six-year $8,248,000 improvement project, which entailed upgrades to its two championship golf courses, driving range, tennis courts, pool facilities, fitness club and kids club. The project also included the construction of a new restaurant and grill area, outdoor terrace, bar and wine cellar, and women’s locker room.
With the comprehensive renovation complete, Gleneagles Country Club in Plano now offers its members:
- New and improved King’s Course, complete with the installation of MiniVerde grass on the greens, redesigned square tee boxes, premium white sand bunkers and water features
- Updated Queen’s Course, complete with bent grass greens and premium white sand bunkers
- Renovated tennis facilities, including resurfaced tennis courts with pickle-ball lines, freshly painted light posts, new windscreens and water coolers and a newly constructed observatory tennis deck
- Upgraded pool facility with new cabanas, lounge chairs, waterslide, playground area and restroom facilities
- Enhanced driving range experience, complete with a hitting deck expanded to twice its previous size, a new outdoor lounge area with a large fire pit and grill, a state-of-the-art entertainment system with 24/7 music and upgraded restroom facilities
- Revamped private event space with an upgraded bar, premiere audiovisual system, darkened wood features, contemporary artwork and credenzas, blackout shades, modern lighting, remodeled ceilings, newly-installed carpet, custom drapes and sheers and new air walls
- “5401 Grille,” a new restaurant with award-winning cuisine, floor-to-ceiling glass windows and views of the golf course
- “The Cellar” wine bar, with an expert bartender, handcrafted cocktails, a cuvenee wine temperature-controlled system featuring fresh, high-end collections and an extensive wine cellar with more than 125 selections to choose from
- 2,220-square-foot outdoor terrace that seats 58 for al fresco dining overlooking the Queen’s Course and water features
- Modernized ladies’ locker room, complete with luxury amenities, 756 square feet of lounge space, and contemporary décor
- “The Nest” kids club, a 620-square-foot supervised playroom filled with movies, crafts and games
- Remodeled fitness center that offers onsite personal trainers, equipment with integrated personal televisions, an array of group classes and Wexer, a virtual fitness technology system
“We are thrilled with the upgrades made to Gleneagles,” said Lisa Neel, general manager of Gleneagles. “Although it’s been a journey, the renovations made to the club will better serve our members, giving them a contemporary, comfortable space to enjoy all of Gleneagles’ amenities. This renovation project not only emphasizes our dedication to the future of Gleneagles, but also upholds the club’s 33-year tradition of excellence.”
Located in West Plano, Gleneagles Country Club offers its members 36 holes of championship golf designed by legendary course planners Robert Von Hagge and Bruce Devlin, a 300-yard driving range, two short game practice areas, and three putting greens. The club also features 18 lighted outdoor hard tennis courts, three swimming pools, and a cutting edge fitness center. In addition, Gleneagles Members have the option of enjoying expanded benefits at 15+ DFW area clubs in the ClubCorp family of clubs, and 300+ clubs nationwide.
For more information about Gleneagles, click here.