This hearty salad is a favorite of the West Creek Supper Club.
You can add whatever fresh vegetables you like to this salad, but it is best assembled and chilled for at least 30 minutes before serving.
The following recipe serves 6.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen medium shrimp
- ¾ cup thinly sliced or shredded carrot
- 2 cups finely chopped tomato
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- To make the dressing, combine the dressing ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
- To make the salad, cook the tortellini in boiling water for 6 minutes. Add shrimp and carrot, cook 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the pasta mixture, tomato, peas, and onion in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the salad, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley right before serving.