Redfish is a popular dish to order when dining out, as is salmon. Why then do you cook salmon at home, but not redfish? Give this recipe a try and you may find yourself adding redfish to your repertoire!
- 1 lb. fresh Redfish
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. flour for dusting
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, chopped.
- ¼ c. white wine
- ½ c. Asian pear, julienned
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. water
- 2 tsp. honey
- 4-5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Dust redfish with flour, salt and pepper, and add to a medium high pan with olive oil. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Remove fish from pan once finished, and sauté shallots. Pour in white wine and let reduce completely. Add Asian pear, balsamic vinegar, honey and mint leaves. Let simmer until a syrup forms. Add water if needed.
- Pour sauce over Redfish and enjoy!