This delightful salad is a favorite of the West Creek Supper Club.
- ⅔ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups bite-size romaine lettuce
- 3 cups croutons
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup white or yellow sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained,
- thinly sliced
- shaved, shredded, or grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- To make the dressing, puree the first 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Gradually add olive oil and blend. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, croutons, bell pepper, corn, and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss with some of the dressing to lightly coat and garnish with additional Parmesan on top.
Makes 4-6 servings.